[conspire] Dapper & Easyubuntu

Paul Reiber reiber at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 21:20:55 PST 2006

> [...] The dvd plays! but the sound
> plays at about 10%.

Your mileage may vary... but I had a similar thing going on... with
XMMS output, not DVD output, though.

I fixed it as follows.  There's a volume control "speaker" icon on my
top-menu panel.  Don't remember whether I added it, or if it was there
by default.  In either event, I double-clicked it to bring up the
volume control panel.  Then I tweaked it's
preferences/options/whatever, adding just about everything that was
listed.

Lo and behold, one of the unintelligibly labeled channels turned out
to be at around 10%, and when I turned it up, the XMMS volume turned
up along with it.

Hope this helps,
-Paul