[conspire] iMac G3 question - battery for motherboard

Darlene Wallach freepalestin at dslextreme.com
Wed Aug 16 12:34:40 PDT 2006

About two weeks ago the power strip I had my iMac plugged into shut off.
I unplugged the iMac and plugged it into another power strip that only
has the dsl modem and hub plugged into it.

The next time I powered on the iMac it booted to the login screen. I
didn't login right away and the screen darkened. When I went to login
I could not get the monitor to show the login screen. The monitor
stayed dark. I powered off the iMac.

Since then when I try powering on the iMac I usually only hear the
fan. The other day while looking for where to use the special iMac
tool, the iMac somehow successfully booted and I was able to login.
I actually do not know what I touched. I don't think I hit the power on
button. Today when I tried to startup the iMac, I can only hear the fan.

When I googled, a 2003 response to a question regarding iMac
not booting after a power failure stated the person bought a
battery for the motherboard at Radio Shack. I assume this is
what I should do - buy a battery for the motherboard.

question - what info should I bring with me to Radio Shack to
buy the appropriate battery?

Thank you,

Darlene