[conspire] (forw) Re: (forw) A call looking for volunteers at the Linux World Installfest (sponsored by Open Country)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Aug 4 12:47:17 PDT 2006

Quoting Calvin Wong (deadcat at freeshell.org):

> i will be there on tues and wed...  i think monday is only for
> conference right? since i only have exhibit pass.

Right.  LWCE is a typical IDG-run corporate conference -- aimed at
people with expense accounts who can get away during the work week.  As
is typical, the _first_ day is aimed at the top end even of that crowd
-- people who can pay serious dollars for all-day paid tutorial
sessions.  We're basically not anywhere near the target audience for the
first day, and the remaining three days are the only ones aimed even
partially at us.

They take advantage of the first-day quiet time to do move-in and setup
for the exhibit floor, and then move out on Thursday evening and Friday
morning.