[conspire] Kanotix Modem

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Fri Apr 28 10:01:27 PDT 2006

If you're just using the LiveCD, not much can be done. If you've installed
it, you can create a local udev rule for the symlink. Exact details will
depend on which version of Kanotix you installed, and specifically, which
version of udev Kanotix happened to be on at the time. Since the only real
way to upgrade a Kanotix installation to a newer version is to reinstall
from scratch, you won't have to worry about breakage caused by going from
one version of udev to another. Since I don't even have a single Kanotix
LiveCD at the moment, much less the exact version you installed, I can't
easily find out which version of udev is being used, and therefore can't
give exact instructions for creating the local symlink rule. You can
likely determine which version of udev is installed with:

dpkg -l udev