[conspire] Moen household (and CABAL) moving at _beginning_ of May

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Apr 17 14:16:44 PDT 2006

If you've been on this list for a while, you'll recall that my household
(and CABAL's meeting place, with it) have been slated to move to a
somewhat larger, nicer house nearby, at the end of May.  News:  This has
now been moved up, to the _beginning_ of May -- i.e., in about two
weeks.

We don't yet have definite details -- because the outgoing tenants' own
arrangements aren't yet definite.  The house is 1105 Altschul Ave.,
across from the end of Gordon Avenue, Menlo Park.  Altschul runs
parallel to Alameda de las Pulgas, one block uphill, and is a one-way
street.  From our current house (2033 Sharon Road), one walks uphill to
Alameda de las Pulgas, turning right and going four very short blocks
(one past Avy Ave.) to turn left (uphill) on Gordon Ave., one block to
the end.  The house is across Altschul from the end of Gordon.

The current tenants at 1105 Altschul are renting a replacement house
for _their_ household elsewhere, which will be available to them on
Monday, May 1.  1105 Altschul then has to get inspected by the owner's
management company, and any necessary repairs made.  So, the management
company warns me that a delay of a couple of days will probably occur,
and that we therefore shouldn't commit moving resources for any
particular day(s) yet.

~ $ cal May 2006
      May 2006
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
    1  2  3  4  5  6
 7  8  9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Anyhow, it _seems_ as if the target window is now some time in that
first week of May.  CABAL's April 22 meeting is thus unaffected, and all
subsequent meetings starting May 13 will be affected only in being at the
new address.

A few of you have been kind enough to offer assistance moving.  Bless
you!  I'd appreciate your sending me a reminder message, so I can keep
you updated as we get closer.