[conspire] yet another distro 2 grab

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Sep 23 15:02:41 PDT 2005

Quoting Bruce Coston (jane_ikari at yahoo.com):

> MCNLive just showed up on distrowatch, based on a
> recent Mandrake/mandriva snapshot and <200m. I dislike
> .rpm's and the juggle many cd's bit on mandrake but
> pcLinuxOS, mandrake/mandriva based, has worked well
> and the new mandriva boots fast. I'm probably not the
> only one willing to test a fast booting experimental
> extra linux partition.

OK, I have the ISO (latest revision = "Jordaan") on uncle-enzo
(linuxmafia.com), ready to burn if we're curious about it.

Try out your knowledge of Dutch on the documentation!
http://mandrakeclub.nl/mcnlive/

Distrowatch says, somewhat less cryptically:  "MCNLive is a
Mandrakelinux-based live CD developed by MandrakeClub.nl in the
Netherlands."

And there's English documentation here:
http://home.tiscali.nl/berenstraat/

  A new release of MCNLive, the Mandriva based LiveCD, is out, codename
  "Jordaan". Entirely based on Mandriva 2006 it comes with new features.
  Install MCNLive graphical with a few clicks on your USB Stick, and run
  it in Live mode! New hardware detection. This first pre-release (English
  only) features the fast Xfce desktop, included applications focussed on
  Internet and Multimedia. Opera 8.5 no-ad version, Gaim, Gftp, Bluefish,
  GXine,Beep-Media-Player, Gimp, Gthumb, Abiword, Graveman, Gnome-Games,
  Midnight Commander, Tea Editor, Samba client and more. And the shiny
  Mandriva Control Center, of course. All this on less than 200 MB.