[conspire] TOMORROW: Sep 15, 2005: BayLISA: Security from the Trenches

Jennifer Davis sigje at sigje.org
Wed Sep 14 10:22:01 PDT 2005

  Date: Thursday, September 15, 2005
  Where: Apple Campus, Building 1, Singapore
  PLEASE NOTE CHANGE IN LOCATION FOR MONTH OF SEPTEMBER
  Free and Open to the General Public!

  7:30 pm Introductions and announcements
  7:45 pm Formal Presentation
  9:45 pm After-meeting dinner/social outing (BJ's, next door)

  Anne Henmi from Juniper Networks, will be presenting "Security War Stories
  from the Trenches".

  Giveaways this month include Apress recent titles "Pro Perl Parsing" by
  Christopher M. Frenz, "Pro DNS and Bind" by Ron Aitchison, and
  "Pro Perl Debugging" by Richard Foley, and Andy Lester.  We also have
  some recent O'Reilly titles.

  We also have 20 USB hubs from USENIX (the organization that brings
  us the great conferences LISA, USENIX Security, and USENIX Annual
  Conference), and the August edition of ;login:, chock full of
  great articles (SAN vs NAS for Oracle: A tale of Two Protocols by
  Adam Levin, The Inevitability of Xen by Jon Crowcroft, Keir Fraser,
  Steven Hand, Ian Pratt, and Andrew Warfield too name a couple).