[conspire] Pro MEPIS 2005.b04, not just for nostalgia

bruce coston jane_ikari at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 12 00:43:21 PDT 2005

The recent simply MEPIS and knoppix dvd installs on my
bx board  simply wouldn't transfer data from the modem
while playing my movie. Fixed up the repositories on
my Pro mepis install, installed libdvdcss [ I have a
pre dmca entitlement ], ran alsaconf for sound and got
it to move data just fine while I watched my movie. I
think Pro MEPIS still uses the 2.6.7 kernel even now.
I do worry about the security risk from stuff that old.