[conspire] Upcoming meeting dates

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Mon Oct 31 11:23:43 PST 2005

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 09:41:00 -0800, Rick Moen wrote:

[snip]
> Anyhow, the _real_ unresolved question, which no site I've seen thus far
> addresses, is what if any packages in SUSE Linux v. 10.0 Retail Edition
> are omitted in Eval Edition.  Maybe none:  Maybe the sole difference is
> that retail edition comes in a box with printed documentation, with a
> bundled support agreement, while Eval Edition has neither but can have
> paid support purchased a la carte.
>
> Or, as Adrien suggests, maybe at minimum Eval Edition drops a number of
> restrictively licensed typefaces -- and possibly other things.  I'd like
> to find out, some time.

Another package listing shows stuff on the retail DVD not on any FTP site:
http://primates.ximian.com/~pzb/sl10/packages.xhtml
Notice that typically fonts seem to fall into that category. Whether the
Eval includes them or not can be checked by looking at the DVD Eval iso.
One way in which the Eval and the retail are obviously not identical is
that the Eval has one DVD iso for 32-bit systems and another for 64, while
the retail set apparently has one DVD that serves both architectures.
Novell's complete package list is at:
http://www.novell.com/products/linuxpackages/professional/index_group.html