[conspire] Upcoming meeting dates

Adrien Lamothe a_lamothe at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 29 15:24:35 PDT 2005

Hi Peter and Rick,

Yes, I was very unimpressed with the "Eval" SuSE 10.0,
it was very bad. Thankfully, it didn't mess up my SuSE
9.3 installation.

I'm not convinced that the "Eval" 10.0 is the same as
the packaged version (available at Fry's for $59.95.)
The "Eval" lacked decent fonts while installing, I
have a hard time believing it has taken such a step
backward.

It appears SuSE went to version 10.0 because of the
new community process. None of the software components
are significantly newer than in 9.3. I'm very happy
with 9.3 and plan on staying with it for a long time.
I'm looking forward to KDE 4.0 (will be based on QT
4.0), but it looks to be at least one year away.

Regarding multimedia, I think it is a problem with
Linux in general, especially on older hardware. On my
dual-boot system, Winamp sounds much better under
Windows than it does under Linux, it is the same old
driver issue.

Cheers,

Adrien Lamothe
www.adriensweb.com

"The revolution will not be televised. The monkeys
will be removed from the thrones and placed back into
their cages."

http://www.idevelopment.info/data/Oracle/DBA_tips/Oracle10gRAC/Install10gR2RACOnCentOS42/