[conspire] Oct 20, 2005: BayLISA: Incident Command for IT

Jennifer Davis sigje at sigje.org
Fri Oct 7 08:00:01 PDT 2005

  This meeting is sponsored by USENIX.  Please join us for an evening of
  brilliant technical talk from local expert Brent Chapman, who will be
  just back from his experience helping out with setting up IT in the
  hurricane devastated regions in the South, and pizza!

  Date: Thursday, October 20, 2005
  Where: Apple Campus, Building 4, upstairs meeting room (Garage 1)
  (Yes, we are back to our usual room, with power, and network galore!)
  Free and Open to the General Public!
  Please RSVP to rsvp at baylisa.org so we have an idea of how much pizza and
  soda to buy!

   7:30 pm Introductions and announcements
   7:45 pm Formal Presentation
   9:45 After-meeting social outings at a local restaurant

   D. Brent Chapman will be presenting "Incident Command for IT: What we
can Learn from the Fire Department".

  This is one of the USENIX LISA 2005 invited talks
  http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa05/tech/.
  If you have ever been curious about what kind of value you get from the LISA
  conference, come check out Brent's talk.  LISA packs in 5 days of training
  and 4 days of technical sessions (they overlap on days for a total of 6 days
  of technical immersion), and is the conference for System Administrators.
  It's being held in San Diego, California this year, so much easier for
  travelling.

  Many thanks to USENIX for sharing Brent's technical talk at BayLISA, and
sponsoring the October meeting.