[conspire] Re: Cabal issues + Ubuntu on iMac

Tony Godshall togo at of.net
Sat Oct 1 23:48:27 PDT 2005

The iMac booted OK and continued the install.  Looked like
some of the packages hadn't downloaded completely, so it
just resumed downloading, and ultimately booted up into
ubuntu.

Thanks for your help.

My laptop troubles turned out to be hardware (I verified
that by rolling back to older versions and the kernel locks
occured there also when ethernet was plugged in).  I'm using
external ethernet till I get around to sending it back to
Dell for repair.

According to Tony Godshall,