[conspire] my cabal posts through yahoo

Tony Godshall togo at of.net
Fri May 6 00:06:04 PDT 2005

I don't know about yahoo groups, but when my wife and I
used to do e-mail through yahoo (of.net fwd) we used to get
lots of complaints from people about bounces.  She has since
switched to gmail and has very few.

I tried routing my e-mail through gmail but found my own
trained crm114 does a better spam classification than theirs
for my purposes (obviously I trained this one myself whereas
theirs is doing more of a group consensus thing).  I didn't
mind too much when gmail missed some spam, but it was
annoying when I had to dig through the spam to find some
messages my friends in Vacaville said they'd sent me weeks
ago.

According to bruce coston,
> mentioned suspiciously awful behavior, ie spam in bulk
>  box jumps from 0 / mo. to 40 / day in email before
> last and the qmailer from yahoo failed to get it to
> cabal; wonder if it really comes from mentioning the
> suspect relates to 1 of their groups? [spam went back
> down].
>
> why would that message fail with 2 notices while the
> deliver message?
> could be random?

-- Tony Godshall