[conspire] Re: Linux program to remove mail from server?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed May 4 16:35:52 PDT 2005

Quoting Edmund J. Biow (ejb1 at isp.com):

> I finally found a program that will work for me, though it is indeed
> console-based.  It is called pop3browser, which I found on the Debian
> apt-cache when updating a newly installed SimplyMepis 3.3.1.

Cool!

> I guess I could compile from source on my Slackware and Vector machines.

A .tgz produced by Joey Hess's "alien" utility might do the trick:

$ man alien

ALIEN(1p)             User Contributed Perl Documentation
ALIEN(1p)

NAME
       alien - Convert or install an alien binary package

SYNOPSIS
        alien [--to-deb] [--to-rpm] [--to-tgz] [--to-slp] [options] file
[...]

DESCRIPTION
       alien is a program that converts between Red Hat rpm, Debian deb, Stam-
       pede slp, Slackware tgz [...]