[conspire] Re: conspire Digest, Vol 20, Issue 5

bruce coston jane_ikari at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 14:46:05 PST 2005

thanks, thats a lot to wade through, i may just stick
him with re-installs when he forgets the password he
entered two minutes ago unless the linux os has
important data because he refuses to take security
seriously: because people tend to think that whatever
they got cheap is worth less, ie price of diamonds vs
water. I must wonder if this is "magical thinking" on
his part to force linux to not need passwords and
passive aggression against me because i won't make
everything impossibly easy as blaming the messenger is
easier than acting responsibly. I suspect this idiot
wants me to copy the commercial backup software i
bought and do his backups illegally, not gonna happen!
the "asking for windows help" bit is background but
frankly when i have gone looking for useful windows
help on the web i find mostly outdated stuff, vapid
boosterism, malware or enormous piles of not very
organized freeware at places like snapfiles.com ,
which is pretty good. I bookmarked one of those links
that was actually new to me since the biggest job my
linux does now is supporting my legacies with internet
access etc. when they fail.

Do you Yahoo!?