[conspire] Re: conspire Digest, Vol 20, Issue 5

bruce coston jane_ikari at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 14:46:05 PST 2005

thanks, thats a lot to wade through, i may just stick
him with re-installs when he forgets the password he
entered two minutes ago unless the linux os has
important data because he refuses to take security
seriously: because people tend to think that whatever
they got cheap is worth less, ie price of diamonds vs
water. I must wonder if this is "magical thinking" on
his part to force linux to not need passwords and
passive aggression against me because i won't make
everything impossibly easy as blaming the messenger is
easier than acting responsibly. I suspect this idiot
wants me to copy the commercial backup software i
bought and do his backups illegally, not gonna happen!
the "asking for windows help" bit is background but
frankly when i have gone looking for useful windows
help on the web i find mostly outdated stuff, vapid
boosterism, malware or enormous piles of not very
organized freeware at places like snapfiles.com ,
which is pretty good. I bookmarked one of those links
that was actually new to me since the biggest job my
linux does now is supporting my legacies with internet
access etc. when they fail.