[conspire] Time flies

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Feb 16 11:33:46 PST 2005

Quoting Mike Higashi (mhigashi at gmail.com):

> The one other person I can think of who might want these is Dr.
> Destructo.  (For the uninitiated, I'm referring to Hugh Daniel, who
> entertains kids at science fiction conventions by letting them take
> apart electronic gadgets.  Hard drives, btw, have some super-powerful
> magnets inside, which make neat toys.)

Well, I'm willing to haul them out of the rubbish bin, if someone's
willing to come get them, soonish.  The whole idea was to reverse the
five-year trend of pointless clutter overwhelming my house:  Keeping
such stuff around just because someone _might_ want it at some
indeterminate later date would defeat the purpose of that exercise.

It would be different if storage space were free.  Unfortunately, I'm
obliged to pay rent for it.

The rubbish bins go out to the curb tonight, for tomorrow morning's
pickup.  If someone has an interest in the old hard drives, arrangements
would have to be firmed up before that.

Personally, I don't think a lot of (anyone's) effort should be expended
to salvage / store hard drives with an objective resale value of about
50 cents each, at best.  But if it's someone else's car mileage and
effort, I have no objection.