[conspire] Re: Linux hosting

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Feb 15 00:13:23 PST 2005

Quoting Eric De Mund (ead-conspire at ixian.com):

[...]

> However, my conversation just now with the owner of linode.com, and a
> review of their prices compared to pair.com's, along with one customer
> testimonial in channel, in which the customer left a dedicated server
> ISP and returned to linode.com because of poor reliability with the
> former, and also his happiness with linode.com's Internet connectivity,
> have me back to considering them.

Thanks for the thoughtful comparison, Eric.  I just wanted to inject
that, with providing your own hardware, software, and infrastructure the
way I do, you end up knowing for good or for bad that the available
technician is a slacker and not to be trusted.  ;->

(It's somewhat along the lines of my Tante Bjorg advising me to never
trust a Scandinavian, y'see.)

--
Cheers,                                     The Viking's Reminder:
Rick Moen                                   Pillage first, _then_ burn.
rick at linuxmafia.com