[conspire] Breezy Badger /Netzero

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Dec 16 21:02:21 PST 2005

> If there is no meaningful difference between Conclusion A and Conclusion
> B, one is hardly obligated to guess which of the two conclusions to draw.

Yes, but one had to guess, to arrive at _either_ of those conclusions.
For all we knew, "The kppp recognizes the modem fine" might have meant
to John merely that kppp didn't complain, or heavens knows what else.

Call me a cynic, but I've seen people use the terms "worked" and
"recognized" to mean a lot of odd things -- and likewise "crashed", etc.

Deirdre accuses me of having a brain that's a ridiculously over-strict
parser, always throwing up exceptions over even arguably vague syntax.  ;->