[conspire] Linux Systems Engineer job opening
alamozzz at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 16 09:34:32 PST 2005
Jim Stockford <jim.stockford at gmail.com> wrote: Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:43:15 -0800
From: Jim Stockford <jim.stockford at gmail.com>
To: jim at well.com
Subject: Linux Systems Engineer job opening
Position: LINUX SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Company: Reactrix Interactive Media Systems (Direct Employer)
Location: Redwood City, CA
Job Type: Full-time
Reactrix Systems, Inc. offers reactive media advertising in the
out-of-home category. Reactive media is the most engaging and immersive
media available, creating dramatically higher levels of brand recall and
retention than television, radio, online, or traditional out-of-home
advertising. Through our internally developed, innovative Reactive
Media Network, advertisers are capable of breaking through the clutter
and engaging their customers in a way never before possible. Reactrix
is funded by Mobius Venture Capital, Worldview Technology Partners, and
Tom Weisel Venture Partners.
The Linux Systems Engineer is responsible for the design and initial
operations of our embedded Linux platform for our distributed multimedia
network. Secondarily responsible for the design, development, and
implementation of a strategic server management suite of tools to manage
remote Linux hosts from a central site or sites. In addition, this
person will provide second level Linux server support for the internal
needs of the company.
* Provide a stable multimedia and network platform for
thousands of networked Linux boxes.
* Develop software and process for third-party manufacturing
embedded Linux boxes.
* Develop software and process for hardware testing and
* Drive component selection and qualification, and support
* Automate OS patches and upgrades over the network and via
* Develop monitoring and remote management tools for problem
identification, escalation, and resolution of deployed Linux hosts.
* Develop/configure daemons and drivers as needed to enhance
stability, ease maintenance, or add functionality.
* Participate in the design, testing, deployment, and
stabilization of a virtual private secure IP web of hosts.
* Automate the administration and health monitoring of
internal (Corporate) production Linux servers.
* Expertise with Linux configuration, monitoring, and remote
* Experience with network and CD based installation/upgrades
and automated patch deployment.
* Experience with maintenance and failure analysis.
* Experience with large-scale deployments.
* Track record of having deployed large-scale systems and
network management solutions.
* Perl and shell scripting skills.
* Working knowledge of SSH, RPM, RedHat Kickstart, and
* Expertise with Intrusion Detection and Data Encryption
* Strong interpersonal and team skills.
* Must be passionate about working in a start-up.
All skills listed below are "Nice to have's". Having none or only a few
of the skills below does not necessarily indicate you are not qualified
for the job.
* Experience with Linux-based multimedia platforms.
* Experience with Linux-based content management systems.
* Experience with the following industries: advertising,
interactive entertainment, retail stores.
* Experience in manufacturing or computer system integration.
* Network programming in UNIX/Linux environments.
* Experience with SNMP, Video capture, MySQL, Network
Security, PKI, Apache, SMTP, DHCP, DNS, Samba, NFS, Router, VPN and
IPSEC deployment history.
Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering,
Reactrix provides comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefit
packages. Benefits include Medical Insurance, Prescription Drug
Insurance, Dental and Vision Reimbursement, 401KRetirement Plan, Paid
Holidays, and accrued Paid Time Off - starting at 15 days/yr.
Only qualified candidates should apply. If you are interested, please
do the following: Send your resume and a cover letter summarizing how
your background matches the requirements to jobs at reactrix.com. Title it
"LSE #834" in the subject line. Please let us know how you heard about
PLEASE VISIT OUR SITE:
Thank you for your interest in Reactrix!
A Proof of authorization to work in the United States required.
No agency solicitations, please.
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the conspire