[conspire] Editing Fstab

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Sun Dec 4 01:57:50 PST 2005

Not all digital cameras are mountable. The ones that are are typically
vfat. The device file used may be somewhat unpredictable. The noauto
option means "Do not try to mount on boot." You probably also want the
"user" option which allows non-root users to mount.

Before you try using "dpkg -i foo.deb" to install the .deb file, it would
be a good idea to look at what it will install with "dpkg -c foo.deb"
first. If there are no conflicts with anything currently installed, you
can try installing the package, but if something goes wrong, you'll want
to "dpkg --purge foo" to prevent an inconsistent package database.