[conspire] Re: anyone running VMware under Debian?

Eric De Mund ead-conspire at ixian.com
Fri Aug 19 10:23:11 PDT 2005

Peter,

] > Are any Cabalists here running VMware under Debian? I'm having
] > trouble figuring out how to build the vmmom kernel modules for
] > VMware.
]
] I did try VMware 4.5.2 with Kanotix and it worked well. I did a
] writeup here, it's a little long and involved but fairly safe:
]   http://www.penlug.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/VMwareOnDebian

Thank you; I'll take a look. In the past, I've gotten VMware running
relatively easily under Slackware 10.0, but that didn't require me to
build kernel modules from scratch. Building kernel modules from scratch
is a frontier that I just haven't yet crossed.

Regards,
Eric
--
"What, sir? You would make a ship sail against the wind and currents by
lighting a bonfire under her decks? I pray you excuse me. I have no time

Eric De Mund
email: <ead at ixian.com>