[conspire] Christian draws out a Sun Microsystems guy

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Fri Apr 29 11:34:38 PDT 2005

begin  Rick Moen quotation of Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 09:41:56AM -0700:

> Meanwhile,
> people like Phipps are dazzling people with bullshit.

"One of the most salient features of our culture
is that there is so much bullshit. Everyone knows
this. Each of us contributes his share. But we tend to
take the situation for granted. Most people are rather
confident of their ability to recognize bullshit and
to avoid being taken in by it. So the phenomenon has
not aroused much deliberate concern. We have no clear
understanding of what bullshit is, why there is so
much of it, or what functions it serves."

http://www.pupress.princeton.edu/titles/7929.html

Frankfurt is getting at the nature of bullshit here.
But what's really interesting is the market for
bullshit.

Most IT professionals are _much easier_ to bullshit
than a bunch of Wall Street types.

Wall Street to Sun: cut the crap
http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news/article.php/3086651

More from Wall Street: "We're still mostly a Solaris
shop, but we are rapidly moving to Linux, though I'm
not supposed to talk about that."
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7730

McNealy to Wall Street:
<voice who="Cartman, Eric">