[conspire] Re: Linux program to remove mail from server?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Apr 28 09:16:57 PDT 2005

Quoting Eric De Mund (ead-conspire at ixian.com):

> I did poke around the other day to see if such a thing were out there in
> the Unix/Linux world. I started by looking at Mozilla and Thunderbird. I
> was shocked to find that these flagship projects did not support the
> functionality that Ed is looking for.

Although both are a _little_ bloated, they adhere at least minimally to
the Unix philosophy of each tool doing one thing well, rather than
trying to do everything in one tool.  So, I would be _dismayed_ if they
added that.

We've seen the end-result of feature-itis and "integration" before, and
it's not pretty.  (Hell, OpenOffice.org is something of an offender.)
So, most of us try not to go there.