[conspire] We don't support Mozilla

Ross Bernheim rossbernheim at speakeasy.net
Sat Apr 23 13:18:22 PDT 2005

On Apr 23, 2005, at 12:21 PM, Rick Moen wrote:

> Quoting Bill Moseley (moseley at hank.org):
>
>> My goal is more to get management to ask their designers why they are
>> not designing for standards and not testing on other platforms.  And
>> to make them aware that their customers are not all using Windows.
>
> A sane, worthy, and public-spirited goal.  Let's talk for a moment
> about
> what happens, and the obstacles you'll likely face.

I have been doing on-line banking with Wells Fargo for many years.
Originaly
they used a software program from Chemical bank and a dial-up system.
They
offered the software for free but pretty much kept it under the radar
to the point
that most of Well's people did not even know about the program. One who
did
was surprised that I had the software and had been using it as they
were under
the impression that it was only for use by business customers.

They later migrated to a web based system. They do support firefox and
even Apple's
Safari web browser. It does take them a while to support new versions
of the
browsers after they come out.  They did balk at supporting new browsers
number of years ago, but have been fairly good for the last few years.
They
do not support all browsers and no bank that I know of does.

Requests for support for a specific browser can have an effect if done
often enough
by enough people. Particularly with the mention that you are
considering moving your
account to somewhere that does support your browser.

Ross