[conspire] Distros available for installation at CABAL

David Hartley david at holistiq.com
Fri Apr 22 02:27:58 PDT 2005

I have put CentOS 4  'clone' of RHEL 4 onto the balky 'bleeding edge' box I
brought to last CABAL meeting (when it had RHEL 4 on it.)
Got the blasted Marvell gigabit onboard NIC working, and very lousy ALSA
sound too.
Now it would be very nice to get a SATA RAID 0 set working (not to boot
from, though  that'd be fun too ;)

I can bring CentOS 4 (2.6.9-5.0.3EL + SMP) on DVD, plus the RHEL Docs DVD
and 'extras' CD.
If anyone wants Ubuntu Hoary DVD in i386 or amd64 flavors, I can bring them
too.  Also have a 7 disk set of newly downloaded Debian 30r2 CD's which I
couldn't get the danged Marvell NIC working with.

Sadly, I could not get the Marvell NIC working with SMP kernel, and was very
hopeful that it might work with newly released 2.6.9-5.0.5 might be kinder
to me -negatory, in fact neither the 2.6.9-5.0.3EL nor the 2.6.9-5.0.3ELsmp
gave me any joy.

Is the fella wanting to ferry a few donatable boxes from S.F. to CABAL
around ?

c'ya,
www.davidhartley.com