[conspire] How not to muck up DNS & domain registration

William R Ward bill at wards.net
Wed Apr 13 20:13:34 PDT 2005

William R Ward writes:
>Rick Moen writes:
>>Here's the informational Web site:  http://spf.pobox.com/
>>Notice the "SPF Wizard" on the middle left:  That will ask you some
>>questions and generate an appropriate SPF RR for your domain.
>
>Thanks to this thread I finally got around to creating SPF RR's for
>wards.net and bayview.com (actually, bayview.com had one but
>domainreport pointed out that it was invalid).  I hope that I did it
>right - I guess if I didn't, the mailing list will not send my mail
>back to me because it checks SPF, right?  We'll see...

OK, so before I put it back, can someone help me with this SPF thing?
This is the string that I got from the wizard:

v=spf1 a mx ptr include:comcast.net ~all

My smarthost is the host identified by the A record, but I might
conceivably switch the smarthost to comcast's server or to the host
that serves as my MX server (incoming mail server).  So that looks
right to me... any thoughts?

Or is there some reason at linuxmafia.com why conspire email is taking
such a long time to get to me?

--Bill.