[conspire] Meeting dates

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Sep 22 18:23:53 PDT 2004

Since BALE's back-end database is chock full o' information on upcoming
holiday dates, it's possible to spot meeting-date conflicts in advance.

First, CABAL's 4th-Saturday meeting day _always_ conflicts with that of
the Linux group "Starship Augusta Ada" that meets in San Francisco.  Oh
well.

The 2nd-Saturday meeting day co-exists (but doesn't conflict) with that
of the Silicon Valley Electronics Fleamarket held in Sunnyvale during
the non-rainy months (April - November, I think).  The Fleamarket ends
about 11 AM, you see.

Through 2005...

Saturday, December 25, 2004:  Guess what?  (No CABAL meeting.)
Saturday, February 12, 2005:  Lincoln's Birthday.  (Yes, but this is
   the genuine Lincoln's birthday, not the "Presidents' Day" getaway
   weekend.  That's the following weekend.  So, no cancellation.)
Saturday, March 26, 2005:  Not a holiday in itself, but smack-dab
   between Good Friday and Easter Sunday.  CABAL cancelled.
Saturday, May 28, 2005:  Memorial Day weekend, and thus also the
   weekend Deirdre and I will be helping to run BayCon.  No CABAL.
Saturday, October 8, 2005:  Columbus Day weekend.   [Dunno.  I'll
   have to think about that one.]
Saturday, November 26, 2005:  Thanksgiving weekend.  [We are so,
   so, not going to be there.  CABAL cancelled.]
Saturday, December 24, 2005:  You guessed it.  No CABAL.

There may be others that we'll be gone for, e.g., when we'll be out of
town for some commitment.  Those and the above will be noted in the Web
page's meeting schedule.