[conspire] net bsd meet tues. nights

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Sep 8 13:06:48 PDT 2004

Quoting bruce coston (jane_ikari at yahoo.com):

> tried the net bsd meet at vito's but not at moorpark
> either, r they dead?

Well, if it's neither at Vito's nor at the Moorpark Round Table, odds
are they have indeed succumbed.

The only thing I can do, at this point, is to e-mail the maintainer of
www.imrryr.org, R. C. Dowdeswell, on whose Web site SFBANUG has had its
page since forever (http://www.imrryr.org/NetBSD/sfbanug.html), and ask
him if he knows.

However, the odds are that he really doesn't:  He put up a static page
for them a long time ago, and hasn't attended their meetings in a long
time.  Therefore, most likely he really doesn't know.

>  is there a debian tomorrow? the web guild looks awful expensive.

Silicon Valley Web Guild has always charged admission for non-members
(and now wants $49 per annum for members) reminds me in that sense of the
now-defunct City Java group.  I debated long and hard before adding them
to BALE -- but chacun a son gout.  You can read their justifications,
here:  http://www.webguild.org/membership/

Bay Area Debian is _not_ going to have a September meeting for the simple
reason that nobody called one.  _You_ (or anyone else) can name a venue
for October, if you want one to happen.  See the "shotgun rules":

Tradition suggests 2nd Wednesdays, but you can differ from that if
there's any halfway sensible reason, including "I think this date works

Cheers,                    Facta tua Restitueri ad Status Pristinus Eius.
Rick Moen                       (May your data be restored to
rick at linuxmafia.com            its original pristine condition.)