[conspire] Re: return to a state of grace

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Mon Oct 18 18:10:09 PDT 2004

What makes you think that'll ever happen? I looked up the specs on that
SMC card you found:
http://www.smc.com/drivers_downloads/library/8216-DS.pdf
Note the Mean Time Between Failures. I haven't looked up the 3Com cards,
but I don't imagine they'd be any less reliable.

BTW, that SMC card's configuration has an option to enable or disable
"Zero Wait State Operation." What exactly is that, and which is the better
setting?