[conspire] Re: Sun's strategy to discredit Linux.

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Oct 2 15:01:37 PDT 2004

[I hope you don't mind my CCing the mailing list.]

Quoting Adrien Lamothe (a_lamothe at yahoo.com):

> Hi Rick,
>
> This article contains a summary of an interview with
> Jonathan Schwartz and Scott McNealy. Its very funny.
> The URL is:
>
> http://linuxtoday.com/it_management/2004100101926OPBZRH

Good summary -- and author Profitt is absolutely correct in his
recounting and analysis.  The last couple of months, I've been
encountering Sun-employee pundits on commmunity mailing lists (e.g.,
SVLUG's and OSI's) and politely blowing their factual claims about Red
Hat and Linux out of the water at every turn.  They always change the
subject quickly when I do, which tells me that they almost certainly
know they're flat-out wrong but are working on orders from executive
management.