The Perfect Storm [was: Re: [conspire] comp. hardware available from C.E.]

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 1 18:07:35 PDT 2004

On Friday 01 October 2004 13:49, Christian Einfeldt wrote:
> On Thursday 30 September 2004 16:18, Rick wrote:
> > Quoting bruce
> >
> > > if someone has some space, i have some ability and
> > > occasional use of car to handle the donation but
> > > Christain, i phoned him, eventually wants 2 make a
> > > non-profit out of it. he's smarting from giving some

snip...

>On Thursday 30 September 2004 16:18, Rick wrote:
>> Quoting bruce
>> > if someone has some space, i have some ability and
>> > occasional use of car to handle the donation but

Here's a reply that I got from Etienne, the Uruguayian professor of
physics and art whom I mentioned in an earlier post.  It seems
kinda exciting to me, so I thought that I would share it with some
folks who might actually understand it in depth.  (This list).

     here are some pics atach of the TAP4,  the 4th of these
"taller-labs-classes" that i have been teching at the UDELAR
engineering in
montevideo. this year there are over 150 students on board and to
make this
working alone, with no assistants, no budget takes witchcraft....
for
the first time the TAP has migrated entirely to software
libre...using
modified  versions of "damnsmall" linux that run in  "loopfile"
systems on
top of DOS, which alow us to inflitrate them gently in any windows
machine
(fat32) without making partitions...
this has interesting consequences.
    the seminar on elctronics  is gearing up to move to the next
phase in
our attempt to design norms to create a "lego-refuse" for junk
electronics.
let's see how far we can get this time !!!

               best
                  etienne