[conspire] Saturday, March 13 CABAL meeting cancelled

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Mar 10 14:59:36 PST 2004

As some will have noticed in my forwarded message, a minute ago, I'm
cancelling this coming Saturday's CABAL meeting:  Unfortunately, this is
going to be a somewhat overbooked meeting for me personally.

Something completely different:  If you pay any attention at all to
science fiction fandom, you probably noticed that in 2003 the World
Science Fiction Convention (the WorldCon) was held at the San Jose
Convention Center and surrounding hotels.  The volunteers who put on
that convention are sponsoring an open house / reception for _all_
Bay Area science fiction fans (and groups of fans).  If you can drop by,
please do.  Quoting from http://www.sfsfc.org/ :

        Saturday, March 13, 2004 1PM
        San Jose Doubletree Hotel Cascade Room

        Future Directions of Bay Area Fandom and SFSFC

        Representatives of all Bay Area fan groups with an interest in
        discussing the future directions of Bay Area fandom and how SFSFC
        can be a part of it are invited to attend and present their ideas
        and plans.

The San Jose Doubletree is near San Jose International Airport, and is
right at the US-101 Brokaw Road / North First Street offramp, San Jose.

Maybe I'll see you there.  (Hey, I'll have Knoppix disks with me, so we
could even do Linux installations, there.)

rick at linuxmafia.com