[conspire] Re: conspire Digest, Vol 13, Issue 12

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Jun 29 13:28:25 PDT 2004

Quoting bruce coston (jane_ikari at yahoo.com):

> 1, is yahoo now sending this 2x?

Nope.

> 2, got sound working in yoper but not mandrake or w98 yet.

You're on your own with W98.  To fix mandrake, fire up Yoper and see
what's in /etc/modules.conf or /etc/modules that seems relevant to
your sound card.  (Feel free to post it here.)

Assuming the sound chipset isn't on an ISA card, you might also look
closely at the output of "lspci -v".  That's a command that queries the
PCI controller chip and lists (does "ls" on, so to speak) the results.
You'll want to pipe its output through a pager utility, such as "more"
or "less":

    lspci -v | more

You might need to be the root user, for lspci to give useful output.

> 3, did some more apt-get dist-upgrade w mandrake but
> its only getting some stuff and its huge for my modem
> speed, maybe i should get to work on the wireless usb thing?

Just for your reference, my page on where to find Linux hardware
information is the "Help Resources" link from
http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Hardware/ .  You'll notice that there are links
on the "Help Resources" Web page for USB stuff, and also for wireless
stuff.

Me, I try hard not to set myself a challenge in two areas at the same
time (e.g., solving wireless issues _and_ USB ones).  But hey, it could
end up being an easy case.

rick at linuxmafia.com