[conspire] Getting rid of monitors

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Jul 27 12:07:08 PDT 2004

Quoting William R Ward (bill at wards.net):

> Many surplus computer stores will also take old computer equipment.
> For example I plan to take a bunch of stuff down to Surplus Computer
> (formerly Software 'N Stuff).  Last time they had a sidewalk sale the
> guy told me I could bring it by any time and what they can't sell they
> will have recycled.

Many such places will charge a special disposal fee for monitors.  (Thus
my point.)  Some don't.

(Starting Nov. 1, Californians will also pay a statutory surcharge of $6-10
on initial retail purchase of any computer or television video device
having a video screen -- toxic contents or not -- to help fund safe disposal
of _old_ monitors.  Run your computer headless, and save money!  ;->
See:  http://www.ciwmb.ca.gov/Electronics/Act2003/ )