[conspire] MAC address filtering with 2.4.14 ????

Gopal Chandavarapu Gopal.Chandavarapu at rtc.bosch.com
Thu Jan 15 10:19:52 PST 2004

Hi,

A specific hardware and its cross compiler need 2.4.14 version of the
linux kernel. I have to do MAC filtering on the local intranet for these
devices, so with some help I came to know that

http://ebtables.sourceforge.net/documentation.html#whatdo

does MAC filtering. -----------   Good till now.

Problem : The problem is ebtables works only with linux kernel 2.4.22/23
and version 2.6.x not with the kernel version 2.4.14 that I want.

So --

Question 1: Is there any other module like ebtables which does MAC
filtering and works with 2.4.14 kernel.

Question 2: The MAC filter module should be capable of filtering the
packets at run time.
That means that the filter should be able to ACCEPT all packets from MAC
address A for some time and upon users request at run time, it should be
able to take a new MAC address B and ACCEPT only from B and DROP/ACCEPT
packets from A.

Please let me know.

Thanks
Gopal.