[conspire] Sun 3 stuff

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 11 17:36:12 PST 2004

On Saturday 11 December 2004 17:00, William R Ward wrote:
> Anyone on this list collect Sun 3 era stuff?  I have a keyboard,
> mouse, some cables, etc. that are available free to a good home.
> Email me if you're interested...

Hi Bill,

I'm in the process of trying to build up a wiki for stuff exactly
like this.  What FLOSS has been to code, free computer parts will
be to hardware.  It will be Microsoft's perfect storm.  Free code.
Free spectrum.  Free hardware.  Poor Microsoft.  heh.

If anyone would like to help build a wiki like this, please let me
know.  The idea is that we would try to bring people together in
localities.  We could start small.  Oakland.  San Francisco.  Santa
Cruz.  Etc.  People could mail stuff to one another for the cost of
postage.

Also, I have been talking with CTCs (Computer Technology Centers)
all over California about this stuff.  There is literally TONS of
*freedom* sitting there waiting for someone to claim it.
Non-profits.  Geeks.  You name it.  Why pay for another memory
stick for that old server, when you could just go on line and have
someone send it to you?

I'm doing a film called the Digital Tipping Point on how rockin' OSS
is.  Think of it as the next installment on Rev OS and The Code.
The point is that after the film, people will have a website to go
to for more exploration.  Code.  Blogs.  Email list serve.  Free
hardware.  Etc.  It is a way to try to bring FLOSS to the masses.
Anyone who wants ta help, please feel free to email me or call me.
Thanks!

Christian Einfeldt
http://www.digitaltippingpoint.com
415-351-1300