[conspire] (forw) Installation files missing

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Apr 12 23:29:03 PDT 2004

Forwarded from private mail, with permission.

----- Forwarded message from jose tav [address snipped] -----

Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:04:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: jose tav [address snipped]
To: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
Subject: Installation files missing

Hi Rick,
Well, as I expected the WinMe installation package
(one CD) that comes with the laptop did take the whole
HD space (10GB).
I found a floppy with the files: idlinux.sys,
inboot.img, syslinux and vmlinuz in my computer.
I tried to re-partition my HD by running
idlinux.sys,it seems that it is trying to install some
linux program, rather than opening the window for me
to select the HD's space I want to partition to.
Incidentally, I will give you back the "stolen" floppy
at the first chance.
I should be able to look the list of files in a Linux
CD while in Windows other?
Some how I can find the CD that Jim? burned for me
with the edited files to correct the display problem.
Thanks again for all the help you guys provide us.
Jose
408-203-7562
-----