[conspire] (forw) knoppix 3.3

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Sep 23 11:45:30 PDT 2003

Damn, I just downloaded the Knoppix 3.2 2003-09-05 release, and now they
release 3.3!  I'd heard somewhere else about a replacement for
knx-hdinstall, but have to re-find that information.  Also, you can
always do what the Knoppix FAQ says:

1.) initialize a free partition with the ext2 file system and mount it on
    /mnt/knoppix, for example.
2.) cp -a /KNOPPIX/* /mnt/knoppix/
3.) set up /mnt/knoppix/etc/fstab and /mnt/knoppix/etc/lilo.conf for the
    new system (Caution: symlinks in /boot initially point to the Ram
	disk!), run lilo.
4.) mkdir /mnt/knoppix/home/knoppix && \
	chown knoppix.knoppix /mnt/knoppix/home/knoppix
5.) Reboot, try the system out, fix any broken settings.

----- Forwarded message from Colin Charles <byte at aeon.com.my> -----