[conspire] InstallFest Saturday 6/28

Mike Higashi mhigashi at imat.com
Fri Jun 20 15:50:00 PDT 2003

Hello, fellow Linux freaks.

The next Linux InstallFest is scheduled for Saturday, June 28th, as part
of the Robert Austin Computer Show being held at the Oakland Convention
Center. Yesterday I called them and let them know about it, and they
will include an announcement in the next email they send out.

This means that the news of the InstallFest will reach a lot more people
than usual, so we can expect a heavier turnout of folks wanting help. So
we can use as much assistance as possible. Please come out and help us
convert people to Linux! Even if you do not feel that you know enough to
help others install or configure their systems, we can also use help
answering questions from passers-by regarding Linux. It's also nice to
just be able to spend time together with your fellow Linux freaks, so
don't be shy.

The computer show runs from 10am to 4pm, if you come early and tell the
folks there you are with the CABAL, you can get in for free. (You can
also get in for free by subscribing to their email announcments.)

This particular show will be in the smaller East Hall at the Oakland
Convention Center. If you're bringing equipment to demo Linux, you'll
need to use the loading dock on 11th Street. We'll still have a full
four-booth island, so there should be enough space for us to work.

Hope to see you there,
Mike Higashi