[conspire] Volunteers wanted at LWCE

Mike Higashi mhigashi at imat.com
Wed Jul 30 20:25:26 PDT 2003

Hello, everybody.

The LinuxWorld Conference and Expo is coming up soon. I will be there
once again as a volunteer in the GNOME Foundation booth in the dot-org
pavillion. We could use more volunteers at our booth. If you are
interested in helping out, and have some free time available, please
email me back off-list and I'll pass the word.

Helping out at a dot-org booth is not difficult. For the GNOME
Foundation, it mostly runs to things like:

   Explaining what the Foundation is, and why they are at the Expo.
   Explaining what GNOME is.
   Explaining some of the differences between KDE and GNOME.
   Selling an occasional T-shirt.
   Asking people if they'd like to donate money and be a Friend of GNOME.
   Occasionally answering a specific question about GNOME.

Most of this is really easy. It probably takes 15 minutes to explain
(except for the last item, where you might get some really off-the-wall
questions). Hopefully there will be a GNOME developer to answer the
tough ones.

So if you're interested, send me your email address and what days and
hours you'll be available to help out at the booth. The Expo hours are:
   Tuesday, August 5      10:00 am - 5:00 pm
   Wednesday, August 6    10:00 am - 5:00 pm
   Thursday, August 7     10:00 am - 4:00 pm

Thanks,
Mike Higashi