[conspire] News about RH, including beta

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jul 21 22:22:53 PDT 2003

There's an interesting press release at:
http://distrowatch.com/external/RedHat-Severn-Release-Notes.html

     Red Hat Linux Project Introduction

     With this release, the Red Hat Linux product is becoming the Red Hat
     Linux Project, an openly-developed project designed by Red Hat, open for
     general participation, led by a meritocracy, following a set of project
     objectives. For more information, see the Red Hat Linux Project website:

     http://rhl.redhat.com/

[...]

So, Red Hat has suddenly become a community-maintained project, starting
with the current beta.  Speaking of which, I've just downloaded the
three ISOs for "Severn" (v. 9.0.93 beta), and would be glad to let people
burn copies at this Saturday's CABAL meeting -- please bring blanks or
be prepared to buy mine for $1/blank -- or to come and just install the
silly thing.

C'mon, you know you want to.

Other things recently refreshed in my collection:

* Borland Kylix Open Edition 3.0
* FreeBSD 4.8
* Gentoo 1.4rc4 stage3
* Knoppix 3.2 2003-06-06
* Linux-Mandrake 9.1
* OpenBSD 3.1
* Lycoris Desktop/LX Amethyst3 build 71 beta
* Slackware 9.0

The full list of what I have on hand for installations is at:
http://linuxmafia.com/cabal/installfest/#distros

--
Cheers,           find / -user your -name base -print | xargs chown us:us
Rick Moen
rick at linuxmafia.com