[conspire] coax crimping tools, anyone?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jan 13 16:29:24 PST 2003

Quoting Sean Wolfe (Sean.Wolfe at ticketmaster.com):

> Hey folks, long time lurker, first time poster.
>
> New to the area, and I need to get a crimp re-done on a coax connector.
> These days all I have is cat 5 stuff. Does anybody know of a decent
> networking shop? Or, does anybody have the tools? I can return the favor
> with, uh, Sharks or Warriors tickets?

I note Heather's thorough response to your question.  Welcome!

If you ever need a really _good_ crimper, look no further than one of
the Crimpmaster series from Ideal Industries, available at Graybar
Electric Co., Inc.  (http://www.graybar.com/).  I have one with RJ45 and
RJ11 inserts, but haven't ever bought the inserts for any of the co-ax
standards.

Graybar is one place the real telco and professional cabling people get
their tools and supplies.  It's difficult to beat their quality, in
general.  Of course, it also might be tough to justify a really good
tool for one-time usage.

rick at linuxmafia.com