[conspire] (forw) SCSI drives

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Dec 26 17:54:03 PST 2002

Aaron is a friend of mine and long-time Linux user, who lives in Palo
Alto.  If anyone needs an excellent deal on inexpensive 18 GB SCSI hard
drives, contact him.

----- Forwarded message from Aaron Lehmann <aaronl at vitelus.com> -----

Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 12:50:30 -0800
From: Aaron Lehmann <aaronl at vitelus.com>
To: rick at linuxmafia.com
Subject: SCSI drives

Rick,

I've recently come into possession of more hard drives than I know
what to do with. I have many extra Fujitsu MAA3182SC drives (18GB,
7200rpm). They're all guarenteed to work. The manufacturer claims a
MTBF of 1 million hours (what the fuck?). See the specs at
http://hdd.fujitsu.com/global/drive/maa3182/catalog.html. I'm asking
around to see if any friends, especially SCSI bigots, are interested
in taking a few of these off my hands and giving them good homes. I
am selling them for $35 apiece, which seems to me to be a very good
deal, at least compared to
http://www.codemicro.com/store/prod_results.cfm?mode=5&srchparm=CAO1606-B962.

These drives would be perfect for a workstation or small server, or
they would make great RAID drives (I can throw in a PCI DAC960PL2 with
4MB of cache for $40). Please let me know if you or anyone you know might
be interested.

Thanks,
Aaron Lehmann

----- End forwarded message -----