[conspire] Soundconfig:

Bill Stoye skiffworks at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 9 07:53:57 PST 2002

Scary thought but I may be starting to understand some of this.

I understand what I need to do and with what; confusion still lies
around when to do it, what step to make the change to 'lilo.conf' and
what kernel should I be actually trying to install; should it be 2.4.18
and do I need -smp?

Did:
skiffworks:/lib/modules# ls
2.2.20-idepci  2.4.16-686-smp

Synaptic shows 2.4.16-686-smp not installed, so the process, I believe
is negated when when a error comes up during the installation.

Another topic:
I'm able to use 'zless' but when I try to use less I get no such
command.

skiffworks:~# man less
No manual entry for less

I thought less was more! Does xterm not have that command?

Thank you for the background/lead in to making the changes to lilo.conf,
it helps me get a grasp on what is going on, rather than just mimicking
a input where I would learn to mimic, not understand.

Bill