Places to advertise Bay Area Linux events:
comp.os.linux.announce (note 2-3 day delay for moderator approval)
comp.os.linux.misc (_if_ you include a "Distribution: ba" header)
email@example.com, for <http://www.cnewmark.com/> events listings
_Computer Currents_ (despite the clueless antagonism of its
microcephalic Windows-weenie editor)
Places to list LUGs:
Groups of Linux Users Everywhere (GLUE), at
Linux International LUG List, at http://lugww.nllgg.nl/US-CA.html
Yahoo LUG list, at http://www.yahoo.com/Computers_and_Internet/
WGS (WorkGroup Solutions, Inc.) LUG list, at http://www.wgs.com/ugs.html
_Computer Currents_ http://www.currents.net/resources/usergroups/usanc.html
Red Hat Software LUG list, at http://www.redhat.com/linux-info/User+Groups/
Linux Online's Linux User Group Registry (LUGR), at
[LDP LUG List, at http://sunsite.unc.edu/LDP/lugs.html has been deleted.]
a/o 17 May 98, local groups are listed as follows:
GLUE LI Yahoo WGS CC RH LUGR
SVLUG Y(10) Y Y(3)(7) Y Y Y Y
SFpcUG Y Y N(4) Y Y(2)(5) Y Y
BALUG Y(9) Y N(6) Y Y(1)(5) Y Y
CalLUG Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
CCSF LUG Y(8) Y(11) N N N N Y(11)
SCLUG Y(12) Y Y(13) N N N Y(13)
NBLUG N N N N N N N
CABAL N N N N N N N
(1) Wrong name (SFLUG), contact e-mail, contact tel. #. No Web
(2) Wrong contact name, e-mail address, and telephone number.
(3) Wrong group name. Points to Dan Kionka's obsolete site (which
now points to the right one! Yay!).
(4) Mike Higashi's request is pending.
(5) Rick Moen sent in listing/correction, on 15 Oct 97.
(6) David Sifry sent in listing/correction, on 15 Oct 97.
(7) Dan Kionka sent in correction 8/97, as did Chris diBona.
(8) Wrong time of day & slightly wrong location; points to old Web page.
(9) Contact name and e-mail address don't match. (One's Arthur Tyde, the
other's David Sifry.)
(10) Meeting place is wrong.
(11) Link points to old Web page.
(12) Wrong (and nonexistent) e-mail address.
(13) Link points to the zero-content sensemedia.net page.
It should also be noted that all meeting-information listings
SFpcUG Linux SIG are wrong, because the SIG has stopped meeting.