Subject: Re: [vox-tech] boot problems
From: Matt Roper <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:30:00 -0700

You can still do this in GRUB.  Just hit 'e' at the menu to edit the
menu entry, select the line that starts with 'kernel' and hit 'e' again,
and then add 'single' to the end of the line.  Go ahead and boot with
the altered command line and you should go into single user recovery
mode

Matt

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 11:21:26AM -0700, andy wergedal wrote:
> I am using grub, not LILO.
> 
> -- Andy
> 
> On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 11:07:35AM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
...
> > If that approach doesn't seem to work, start up into single-user mode
> > at your boot prompt, e.g., at a LILO prompt type "linux single".
...

-- 

*************************************************
* Matt Roper <[email-masked]>                *
* http://www.mattrope.com                       *
* PGP Key: http://www.mattrope.com/mattrope.asc *
*************************************************